Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Movement of Time...

Music | Hold you in My Arms by Ray LaMontagne

Time wasn't so important when I was younger. I remember thinking time moved too slow... A school year seemed like an eternity and even the summers over stayed its welcome. As I watch my child grow up, I know my perception of things have changed, not anything else.

I would hope to think that my time has made me more of a better person, wiser, more mature, more excepting... Ok, maybe not...

Tick, tick, tick... I do perceive now that time is moving faster, that there just isn't enough hours in a day to be able to get the things we need to get done, done.

Our children are turning into young adults, anniversaries and birthdays seem to circle closer and closer. Does anyone know where last June went?

Tick, tick, tick... Technology has turned things on end as well in regards to time. Each day, a new discovery turns last years fad gadget into obsolescence. Things are no longer repaired, just replaced. In the hopes of making our lives simpler and easier, have we gained any more insightful perspective?

So as we move forward into the unknown, with both time and technology seemingly to be not an ally, but more so a foe, what do we have?


A polaroid print, which can no longer be reproduced because time has deemed it obsolete.

No comments:

Post a Comment