Friday, July 24, 2009

A Muse...

Music | Lontano by Jose Padilla

Sherri has been a long time friend and muse. I remember seeing her around various art events we would both attend. Then, in the neighborhood, a new café opened up and it just so happened she had her mornings there, quite often. Needless to say I found a new place to sip my americanos as well. Over the next few months, we finally got to know one another. In more instances than a few, Sherri has pulled me out of artistic lulls and it is easy to see why.

We've made various photographs together from simple studio portraits, candid shots out in the park, and photos that would be appropriate for at the time a non existent Photo Privé.



This photo is an great example to a question I often get about shooting with Photo Privé. "Do I have to be naked?" My answer would be, no. There are so many ways of making a statement without having to be nude. Often, the perception of a nude body can as provocative as a nude itself and sometimes even more so.

2 comments: